Tuesday, March 29, 2011

A few more things

Here are a few more outfits I've made:

Karilyn's Purple Velour Dress:





I love this velour fabric, it is so soft. This dress had so many pieces. You can't tell from the pictures, but it had 13 different pattern pieces. Forty two total pieces of cut fabric, 21 pieces for the dress and another 21 pieces for the lining because it is fully lined. Yikes, this dress is not for the faint at heart. The end result was worth it though. I'm not sure I'll ever make another one. My modest daughter didn't like how it was cut "too low" in the front, so I added the ruffle below the neck. I didn't do a very good job, but I know how to fix it.

Diana's Hedgehog Outfit, or should I say "line":
I think she likes it!










Diana got half of this outfit for Christmas, the other half she got after Christmas - long after. I finished the pants yesterday, Finally! I'm glad I got them done before she out grew them! It consists of 5 pieces which can be mixed and matched. A red polka-dot knit dress, a pinafore - you all know how I have a thing for pinafores, leggings, a t-shirt, and corduroy pants. Four of the pieces have hedgehogs appliqued on them. Looking back, I wish I would have made the hedgehogs more of a natural color instead of sticking with my 3 main fabrics. Getting a 21 month old to cooperate for pictures, not so easy! I didn't edit my pictures, so sorry about the poor quality.

Karilyn's Girl Scout Skirt:




I found these girl scout fabrics last year when we went to Hocking Hills. I knew I had to do something with them, but what? I decided on a patchwork skirt. I added a nylon chiffon petticoat underneath so it would be nice and puffy.

Karilyn's Whimsical Forest outfit:





Karilyn's Zebra Outfit:



These pants are made from that same super soft velour as the purple dress. They are so comfy, they are always the first pair she wears after laundry day. Hum, I think I need to make myself a pair!

Karilyn has been asking me for a RAINBOW shirt for ages! I thought, great what's next, a unicorn? Well, apparently, yes she wants a unicorn next, she drew it up and everything.


A chick in a diaper:





And finally, I apparently haven't lost any steam. Guess what I have planned for these fun fabrics:


I hope to answer in a few weeks with pictures of the finished products.

2 comments:

The Crazy Life of a Navy Wife said...

SO awesome Beth!!! I absolutely LOVE the chicken diaper and shirt!!

tv said...

Love how the girls are all decked out! I second Caiti's love of the chicken dipe and shirt, and I really love Karilyn's woodland outfit. Soooo adorable. You are one talented lady (but I kinda wouldn't expect anything less from your family). ;-)