Wednesday, November 5, 2008

For the record...

Some may not like what I'm about to say. If you have a problem with it, go away, seriously!

I am deeply saddened by the way the election turned out. I couldn't sleep last night. So just for the record I voted for McCain and Palin!

Obama spent more money than anyone ever did on a presidential campaign, a lot more, and in the middle of a financial crisis. How do people think he's going to limit his spending in the White House?

He makes promises to fix the economy. He blames, as many Americans do, President Bush for the bad economy. I blame Americans who took out loans they knew they couldn't pay for. I blame Americans who took out loans for amounts worth more than their house, borrowing $700,000 on a house worth $200,000 is not okay! They like to blame the banks, but honestly, I think the people are even more at fault. I blame Wall street and Americans for being greedy! How dare they blame President Bush!

I have a problem with people who say that by voting for the white guy I'm being racist. I didn't not vote for Obama because of his race, I didn't vote for him because I didn't like his values, attitude, or plans. I think it would be ignorant to vote because of race. I did my research on the candidates. Should we stop and wonder if the 95% of African Americans did their research or just voted on race alone? I guess I've got a problem with people who have never cared to vote before now? Would they have come out of the woodwork to vote if Obama was white?

I'm scared and worried. I'm worried that we will loose rights; health care rights, education rights, and financial rights are just some. I'm worried that my boss will be taxed a lot more! Obama has been full of promises, It sure seems like he won't be able to keep most of these! He promises change in this country, it will be interesting to see if he can do that, and still keep peace. I feel like McCain was more honest and realistic with what he said he would and could do.

I'm also bothered that the media announces on election day, after half of American has voted, that Sarah Palin was, by the way, not found guilty of unlawfully firing one of her people. Anyone who does their research would have known this anyway, but the media's portrayal of the candidates is upsetting and unfair. They're reporters, and although I see through them, I'm afraid that a lot of people take them seriously. Of course, I could talk all day about the media.

I know I'm not alone in feeling a little scared and disappointed, but It pains me to think more Americans believe in Barak Obama than John McCain. It's frustrating that my state went for Obama, and not only that, but my own county.

So for the record, if Obama doesn't "fix" our problems, I voted for John McCain and Sarah Palin! This may seem trivial or obvious, I've never been very good at writing or politics, but I wanted to get these thoughts out of my head so I can sleep tonight.

2 comments:

tv said...

Some wisdom from a friend of a friend:

"Even though I didn't vote for Obama, I will pray for him. This is a very challenging time for our country, and I believe his lack of experience may hamper even his best intentions to do what is right. Let's pray for him, for his advisers, and for our representatives in Congress. The Republicans have had a fair chance to enact their policies and direct this country. In large part, they failed." -Anna Litt Carrington

The Crazy Life of a Navy Wife said...

Here here Beth. I completely agree. I fear what is to come. For a split second (after I heard the results) I said, "I hope he screws up big time so that people will see that they're being ridiculous" and then realized that that would mean our country would be in even more trouble, but my point is that I am almost positive (and I hope that I am wrong) that he is NOT going to do all the nice things he's said and that everyone is going to be sorry.

I suppose all we can do is pray. I like the quote Valli posted. Pray for Obama and his lack of experience.