Sunday, April 10, 2011

I changed my mind...

and I'm sooooo glad I did. Yesterday I posted that I had a paint color picked out. Apparently, I didn't. We began painting which is always fun with a toddler, who thought it would be a barrel of monkeys to bang a screw driver against the window, and two "big" kids who want to help.

At first I thought, I'm not sure I like this color. We painted more, I was more unsure. We painted more, I HATED it! It was very hard to stop because we had about half of the room done, but I talked to my sister, and with her help, I determined that we needed to change the color.

(The left side of the wall is the first color, the right side is the second color, the one I ended up going with.)

I was going for an aqua. I liked the color, it was just too much... too aqua. It didn't even want to look at the wall. It was not fitting into my idea of a fun, but calm and relaxing room. It seems to appear fine in the picture, but in the room, it made me feel unhappy. So, Dave went back to Sears and got a few more samples, and since I had something to go by, I picked a color in about 30 seconds. The color was called "Slightly Aqua". Now, I've never picked a color based on the name before, but "slightly aqua" was exactly the kind of thing I was looking for, and it looked so nice with everything.

So, Dave, again, went back to Sears. They didn't have the base to mix it. So he went to the other Sears, it wasn't on sale there. Great! He convinced them to give him the sale price anyway.

Now it was about 4:00, I really wanted to be done, and we would have been if I stuck with my original color, so that was hard, but immediately liked the new color! It looks great, I absolutely LOVE it! I think I'll wait until to room is all done to show you the finished project, it will be more dramatic that way.

(You can't really tell by the pictures, but it's very happy in there now, well, except for the mess!)

2 comments:

tv said...

Aw, Dave's a good husband for making sure you get the color that makes you happy. I know what you mean though, I'm that way about lighting. I'll get something and think I'll like it and then discover that it looks like the desert in our living room and that it depresses me. I have, in the past, felt that the ONLY thing that made me happy was the color of our den. Heh. So I know exactly where you're coming from! Can't wait to see the finished product.

amy said...

Looks great! Can't wait to see it in person some day. Glad you re-did and got the color that you are happier with. :)