Sunday, September 28, 2008

The Best Salad

All summer and fall I have enjoyed the best salads ever! It's one of my favorite blessing of having a garden. Sorry, the picture didn't turn out so well.

The ingredients in this one were:

  • Lettuce (from my garden)
  • Green Onions (from my garden)
  • A tomato (from my garden)
  • Beets (which would have been from my garden if Peter Cottontail hadn't eaten them, so these were from the local farmer's market)
  • A hard-boiled egg (from a local farm)
  • Cottage cheese (from Giant Eagle, you can't produce it all on a city sized lot)
  • And my own homemade Italian salad dressing

I'm going to be so sad when the first frost comes and I can't walk out to my garden to get a tomato. I'm only growing yellow ones next year, they are so good!

I had to add this picture, it's Heidi's favorite place to lay

2 comments:

tv said...

Yum, I would like some Beth-grown salad. ;-) That picture of Heidi is too cute!

amy said...

Awesome salad! I would just be happy if I went out and picked my weeds, let alone picked lettuce and tomato. Oh well, there's always next year...