Monday, September 1, 2008

The Trialathlon

We went to Portage Lakes today to do a trial triathlon (a trial-athlon). I went through the swim, bike, and run and practiced my transitions, the part where you throw clothes and shoes on your sandy wet self and grab your bike. I feel better about it now that I know the route a bit better and was able to do it.

There were a bunch of other people there practicing also, and the competitive part of me was wondering who I could beat which is silly, I should be happy to just finish!

Then, after an hour of vigorous activity, I went back to the beach where Dave, Karilyn, and Heidi were waiting for me. Heidi was extremely cranky so I walked her to sleep. Here she sleeps on the beach all bundled up. I was so jealous.

Karilyn was cold in the water and Dave said that there was nothing he could do about that. She said, "yes there is, you can pray for God to warm it up." hum...

5 comments:

amy said...

So cute! At least somebody gets to sleep.

Congratulations on your trial-athalon! Glad you are feeling a little more confident.

The Crazy Life of a Navy Wife said...

Wow! I can't believe you're doing a triathlon. That's amazing! I'm so glad you feel better about it and I'll be praying for you :) Good luck!!!

Dave said...

you did great today, I am very proud of my wife!

tv said...

Congrats on your practice run. Ken and I were musing the other day that we admire your assertiveness--when you get it in your mind to do something, you do it. Beth the triathlete. It has a nice ring!

The pic is cute, and Karilyn is cute, too. Remind him that God's God, not a genie in a lamp. ;-)

tv said...

Heh, sorry, remind HER...